Furniture Recycling & Second Hand Furniture Donations
Hey, I was sitting on that!
Can I recycle furniture?
Yes, wooden and metal furniture can be recycled....but first of all ask yourself if your furniture is in reusable condition? If it is then you could donate it to a local charity through the Furniture Donation Network!!
Wooden furniture can be recycled at your local reycling centre
- Furniture made out of leather or synthetic materials cannot be recycled
- To dispose of bulky waste items like a sofa or mattress use BulkyWaste.org
What else can I do with it?
- If you're getting rid of furniture, try selling it in the local newspaper or try an online marketplace.
Donate or swap it!
- Ask family, friends and neighbours if they have a use for your sofa or spare bed
- Donate your furniture through the Furniture Donation Network
- Choose good quality furniture which can last you a lifetime or longer! It will save you money in the long term.
- If you're looking for furniture, second-hand is much cheaper than new and you can find amazing one-off items.
What Can Be Recycled?
Latest Recycling News
Many of us do our bit for the environment at home by putting garden waste on the compost heap and bottles in the bottle bank. But what about when we’re at work? Here are some tips on how to be eco-friendly in the workplace...
Yes, you heard correct, number plates! Did you know that number plates on cars, motorbikes and other vehicles are one of the most lucrative items that you can recycle from a vehicle before it gets scrapped?