Recycling Tin foil
Tin foil is actually made of aluminium - recycle it with your drinks cans!
Can I recycle tin foil?
Yes. You can recycle tin foil at your nearest recycling bank, and some kerbside collection schemes will take tin foil too.
How should I recycle tin foil
- Always wash your tin foil thoroughly before recycling
- If you collect drinks cans as part of a Cash for Cans scheme, you may be able to sell used aluminium foil too.
As well as tin foil, you can also recycle these other aluminium items:
- Milk bottle tops
- Barbeque and freezing trays
- Cigarette and tobacco foil
You can’t recycle: crisp packets or any other items of foil coated with plastic
Re-use your tin foil
- Wash your tin foil and re-use it for cooking
- Save take-away cartons for storing portions of food in the freezer
- Cut cleaned tin foil into tiny shapes for use as decorative glitter or other craft
What Can Be Recycled?
Latest Recycling News
Many of us do our bit for the environment at home by putting garden waste on the compost heap and bottles in the bottle bank. But what about when we’re at work? Here are some tips on how to be eco-friendly in the workplace...
Yes, you heard correct, number plates! Did you know that number plates on cars, motorbikes and other vehicles are one of the most lucrative items that you can recycle from a vehicle before it gets scrapped?